What Would You Do?
July 12, 2013
There is an old truism in numismatics that a coin is worth what somebody will pay for it.
Price guides are simply that, guides not actual trades or offers to purchase.
Even sales results posted on auction firm websites, as helpful as they are in assessing the state of the market, are not guarantees of what the next item will bring.
It pays to keep this in mind. As desirable as numismatic items are, you usually cannot get 100 cents on the dollar of value if you need to sell in a hurry.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this blog.
About the Author