Morton & Eden Bring in $1.1 Million|
June 20, 2013
A June 5-6 auction conducted by Morton & Eden Ltd. in association with Sotheby’s was conducted in London.
Prices realized totaled 727,506 pounds or $1,134,909.
One of the highlights was a broad of 20 shillings, 1656, by Thomas Simon, described as good very fine with much original color and a few surface marks from handling. It sold for $29,952.
Morton & Eden specialist Tom Eden said: “This was a wide-ranging two-day auction embracing everything from ancient Greek and Roman coins alongside Islamic, Oriental, British and foreign coins, paper money and Renaissance medals and plaquettes. The rare pair of plaquettes by Valerio Belli, lot 623 ($50,544).” For more information, contact Christopher Proudlove by email at email@example.com.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.