Baltimore Show Successful|
June 27, 2013
Whitman Coin and Collectibles Expo notched another successful show June 20-23 at the Baltimore Convention Center, said David Crenshaw, general manager.
“The show was sold out with booth sales exceeding our expectations for the summer show and public attendance was also up,” he said.
Dealers were keeping an eye on bullion throughout of the event,“Despite the drop in the metals market, business was very good for the majority of dealers, Crenshaw said. He cited one particular dealer, Michael Rullo with Showpiece Coins, Inc., who had commented that he had very strong collector sales.
The Expo is held three times each year and each event includes a strong complement of educational events.
Once again the popular Kid’s Korner helped a new generation of collections get acquainted with the fun of putting coins in Whitman albums.
Among the speakers, Karen M. Lee spoke about “The Private Sketchbook of George T. Morgan” at 2 p.m. June 21. Morgan was the designer of the famed Morgan silver dollar that was struck 1878-1921.
Stack’s Bowers Galleries called the official convention auction.
The next expo is scheduled for Nov. 7-10. Visit www.whitman.com for more information.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.