ATB 5 Ounce Coin Release Delayed|
July 01, 2013
The Mint has postponed the June 27 introduction of the 5-ounce America the Beautiful uncirculated collector coin with a “P” mintmark for the purpose of repricing.
Silver’s sharp fall in price to below $20 an ounce is the reason.
This coin honors the Great Basin National Park will be the third design of five to be issued in 2013.
Prompting the delay is the Mint’s cumbersome repricing process that involves publishing new prices in the “Federal Register.”
The two 2013 5-ounce coins already being offered, Perry’s Victory and International Peace Memorial and the White Mountain National Forest coins, were being offered for $179.95.
They, too, will probably be repriced at a lower level along with other Mint products containing silver.
At the present $18.80 price of an ounce of silver, the bullion value of a 5-ounce ATB coin is $90.90.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.