Dollar Premiums High|
July 05, 2013
Michigan coin dealer Patrick A. Heller points out in the July 2 edition of the Numismatic News e-newsletter that premiums for common Morgan and Peace silver dollars have come down much more slowly than silver bullion prices.
The result is good for those who already own the coins and a red flag for those who do not.
“A little over three years ago, you could acquire (1,000-coin) bags of these coins for about 13 percent above silver value. With prices now 60-70 percent above the intrinsic silver value, their appreciation prospects are limited.
“In my judgment, the premium is still too high to make them an attractive option right now.” Heller shares his market insights weekly in the Numismatic News e-newsletter. To sign up for the newsletter go to numismaticnews.net.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.