Scotsman Sells California Slug|
July 05, 2013
A California Territorial gold $50, popularly called a slug, will highlight an auction conducted July 26 by Scotsman at the St. Charles, Mo., convention center.
The 1852 U.S. Assay Office with 887 Thous. is graded AU-53 by the Professional Coin Grading Service. Pre-sale estimate is $48,000-$55,000.
Other highlights among the nearly 1,400 lots is a 1796 quarter called XF-40 by Numismatic Guaranty Corporation, which is expected to bring $30,000 to $35,000. Another 1796 called genuine by PCGS and described by the cataloger as XF details/smoothed is estimated to bring $24,000 to $28,000.
The sale also includes world coins and U.S. paper money.
Visit the firm’s website at www.scoins.com, or telephone (800) 642-4305.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.