Eagles Up or Down|
July 05, 2013
What point do you want to make about precious metals and American Eagle sales? You can use the Mint’s June sales figures to come to opposite conclusions.
Those made nervous by recent price declines might look at June’s sales of one-ounce gold American Eagles and see that the 49,000 sales number is the lowest this year and just 26 percent of the 187,500 sales rate in April.
On the other hand, sales of silver American Eagles in the first six months of 2013 total 25,043,500, a record setting sales pace if maintained for the rest of the year and the result in part of buyers using recent declines in the price of bullion to make purchases.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.