ANA Honors Members for Service|
July 10, 2013
Katie Reinders received the YN of the Year Award while her father, James Reinders, was honored with the 2013 Lawrence J. Gentile Sr. Memorial Award for Outstanding Adult Adviser during the American Numismatic Association Summer Seminar Graduation Banquet on July 27.
Also honored at the event was longtime Summer Seminar instructor Col. Steven Ellsworth, who received a Presidential Award from ANA President Tom Hallenbeck for his dedicated service to the hobby and the Association.
Katie Reinders is an active member of the Pacific Northwest Numismatic Association, the Willamette Coin Club and Women In Numismatics. An accomplished exhibitor, she won the YN Best of Show Award at the 2011 World’s Fair of Money in Chicago with her exhibit, “Oregon Centennial Tokens and Medals.” She has won several awards in YN- and open-exhibit categories at various regional and national coin shows.
“I’m really happy that I got it, and I’m really thankful, but so many other people helped me earn it. I didn’t do it on my own,” Katie said. “Especially my dad, who got me excited about exhibiting and the hobby.”
James Reinders, an ANA life member who has been active in YN educational efforts through Boy Scout and Girl Scout coin-collecting workshops, mentoring young exhibitors and presenting general-interest seminars. He also started the website Collect3.com to advertise and promote YN-specific functions in the Portland, Ore., area.
Reinders also is a member of the ANA YN Committee and is the chairman of the ANA Technology Advisory Committee.
“It’s an honor to be recognized,” James said. “The joy for me is working with the youth in the hobby. I love it for the energy and the inquisitiveness. It’s a joy.” Ellsworth, a collector since 1951 and a professional numismatist since 1983, is the owner and operator of Butternut Company, based in Clifton, Va. An accomplished author and exhibitor, he holds life memberships in several numismatic organizations.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Get the U.S. Coin Collector’s Value Pack at a special price through June 30.
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.