Australia Issues Colorized Coin|
July 17, 2013
The first colorized circulating coin was released June 21 in Australia by the Royal Australian Mint. It was struck to mark the 60th anniversary of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
The reverse shows a stylized version of St. Edward’s crown surrounded by a regal purple and gold band. The designer is Aleksandra Stokic. Two million of these coins are being released.
A special “C” mintmark version was made for collectors.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• New bundles for paper money collectors are 50% off for a limited time! Find them here.
• Limited quantities of Australia’s Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake 2013 Silver Coin and the 2013 Mongolia Argali 500 Togrog Silver Coin are here!
• Get exclusive collectors’ value packs at special discounts for investing in collectible coins, world coin collectors and North American coin collectors
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Get them instantly! Buy digital editions of past issues of World Coin News, Coins Magazine and Coin Market eXpress!
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.