1804 Dollar Sells|
August 16, 2013
A Class I 1804 silver dollar graded PR-62 by PCGS commanded $3,877,500 at an Aug. 9 auction conducted by Heritage Auctions in advance of the American Numismatic Association’s World’s Fair of Money in Rosemont, Ill. The Mickley-Hawn-Queller specimen was offered as part of the Greensboro Collection. Though not a record, the price tops the $3.7375 million the specimen brought in a 2008 Heritage sale of the Queller Family Collection.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• August special – only 25 available! Order your 2013 Yellow-Bellied Sea Snake Coin Set today!
• Buy new coin price guides, get the ebook free! Learn more.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• See what guides and supplies our editors recommend for keeping up with your collection.
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.