Coin Course Offered|
October 25, 2013
Collectors who want a better understanding of numismatics can now learn at their own pace with a new online course from Krause Publications.
“Coin Collecting 101: The Basics of Coin Collecting” is offered as a PDF download that can be purchased for $19.99 at shopnumismaster.com. The product code is T1259.
Those who take the course, which includes tests at the end of each chapter, can expect to:
• Learn about both ancient and modern day minting processes
• Learn about the standard coin collector equipment
• Learn how to handle, research, store, and secure collections
• Learn how to identify coin devices and denominations
• Learn how to buy and sell coins smartly
• Learn about getting involved with coin collecting clubs
• Have access to a glossary defining many numismatic terms and phrases
Lesson 1: Coin Collecting Practices, Equipment, and Security
Lesson 2: U.S. Coin Devices, Denominations, and Types
Lesson 3: Coin Grading, Pricing, and Collector Involvement
Lesson 4: Coin Buying, Selling, Dealing, and Legal Matters
The workshop is a self-guided, “offline” course. Participants receive a curriculum and supplemental materials, but do the work completely on their own, making it an ideal choice for students who truly want to work at their own pace.
In contrast to online workshops and seminars where class is “in session” for a specified period of time, there’s no set time line for an independent study class. It can be an intensive crash course, a weekend effort over several months, or whatever works best for the individual learner.
More Coin Collecting Resources:
• Strike it rich with this U.S. coins value pack.
• Get the 2012 Coin of the Year – limited quantities remain!
• Build an impressive collection with Coin Collecting 101.
• IT’S HERE! Order the 2014 North American Coins & Prices.
Add to: del.icio.us digg
With this article: Email to friend Print
Something to add? Notice an error? Comment on this article.